Coconut Flour Oat Chocolate Chips Soft Cookies

Thursday 21 November 2019

Coconut Flour Oat Chocolate Chips Soft Cookies





I'm still on my way to adapt a healthier lifestyle and to eat healthy.
I'm now adapting a low carb diet, not only to lose my weight but also to keep my body fit and healthy.
Prolonged high blood sugar can cause a number of health conditions and increase inflammation in our body.
Inflammation is associated with the occurrence of many chronic illnesses.

The biggest challenge when adapting a low carb diet is when it comes to sweet treats like cake and cookies.
Actually, I've reduced the intake of sugary foods and beverages since two years ago.
I still eat cake and cookies sometimes, when I crave to indulge sweet treats.
Since we both now prefer to eat less sugar in our diet, we rarely buy cake and cookies from outside.
By making them on my own, I can control the sugar or the sweetener content, and to substitute the ingredients for a healthier options.

These chocolate chips cookies are made with coconut flour with additional rolled oats.
This is my first trial to use coconut flour, and I'm still haven't get use to the right portion when using coconut flour since it absorbs liquid more than the regular all purpose flour or even almond flour.
From the information that I found in few blogs, when we substitute normal flour with coconut flour, we need to reduce the coconut flour portion, or add more liquid and butter.
So, the cookies won't be too dry and hard.



Honestly, I am a bit excited to about sharing my recipe today since this is my first baking experiment using coconut flour.
I'm curious on how my chocolate chips cookies taste like and how is the cookies texture.
So what is the outcome of my cookies?

My cookies turned out to have a soft texture and a little bit dense than wheat or all purpose flour.
They are yummy and bursting with flavors!
When you eat them freshly baked, these chocolate chips cookies are crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
I think for my next low carb chocolate chips cookies, I will try to mix between almond and coconut flour to see what is the outcome of my cookies.
But right now, I'm happy with my coconut flour chocolate chips soft cookies, and the richness of coconut flavor and natural sweetness that it has in coconut flour, make it a good option for baking.

I used brown sugar in my cookies but I reduced the amount.
I don't have low carb sweeteners at my home like erythritol, xylitol and stevia, and I'm planning to buy one since I love to bake.

I made my cookies bigger, as I used the ice cream scoop.
This cookies is yummy even my hubby likes to munch on it.
I made these for my post work out treat that's why I made my cookies larger in size.
One piece of cookies for my one hour of workout session.

Nowadays, I prefer to munch on snacks which satiate myself to avoid overindulge in my next meal.
Coconut flour is high in fiber, that is not only helps to keep you feel full longer, but also may help to keep your blood sugar in check.
It is gluten free and a perfect option for those who are allergic to gluten.
So, if you're bored of snacking on fruits, maybe you can add a new twist in your diet and bake these cookies for your snacks.
The best thing is, this cookies is also perfect as your breakfast to go.
Just pack in two to three pieces of these cookies and you can have them on your way to your work place.
You can make the cookies size smaller, so you can get more in quantities.
I keep my cookies chilled because I like the taste more when eating straight from the fridge.
These cookies will no longer be crisp on the outside once cooled.
They will be soft, like a chewy cake.



COCONUT FLOUR OAT CHOCOLATE CHIPS SOFT COOKIES


Course : Snack
Yield : 11 to 20 pieces


Ingredients:




1/2 cup of salted butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar (or 1/2 cup of low carb sweetener)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips



Instructions:



  1. Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or silicone mat.
  2. Spread rolled oats on a baking pan and bake for 2 minutes and cooled.
  3. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar, whisk to combine.  Then add in eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
  4. Sift in cocoa powder and baking soda.  Add in coconut flour.
  5. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips and cooled rolled oats.
  6. Drop a small portion of cookie dough onto the prepared baking pan, leaving space 3 cm apart.  You may use ice cream scoop.  Flatten the each cookie dough with your hand.
  7. Bake in the center rack for 15 to 20 minutes, until cookies are set.
  8. Once baked, remove the pan from oven and let the cookies cool slightly on the baking pan as the cookies are very fragile when hot.  Transfer onto the wire rack once the cookies firm and let cool completely.
  9. Store the cookies in an air tight container and keep the container away from direct heat, refrigerated is better.






MALAY VERSION



OAT CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES MENGGUNAKAN TEPUNG KELAPA


Bahan-bahan:


1/2 cawan mentega bergaram
1/3 cawan gula perang (atau 1/2 cawan pemanis rendah carbohidrat)
2 biji telur Gred A
1 sudu teh esen vanila
1 sudu besar serbuk koko
1/2 sudu teh baking soda
1/2 cawan tepung kelapa
1/2 cawan rolled oats
1/2 cawan semi-sweet chocolate chips



Cara-cara:

  1. Panaskan oven pada suhu 180℃.  Alas dulang pembakar dengan kertas baking atau silicone mat.
  2. Bakar sebentar rolled oats selama 2 minit dan sejukkan.
  3. Di dalam mangkuk pengadun, satukan mentega dan gula. Kacau rata menggunakan whisk.  Kemudian, masukkan telur dan esen vanilla.  Kacau sebati.
  4. Ayakkan serbuk koko dan baking soda dan gaul rata.
  5. Masukkan tepung kelapa, coklat chips dan rolled oats yang telah dibakar tadi.
  6. Sudukan adunan ke atas dulang pembakar yang telah disediakan, jarakkan lebih kurang 3 cm antara satu sama lain.  Boleh juga menggunakan scoop ais krim.  Leperkan sedikit doh menggunakan tangan.
  7. Bakar pada rak tengah selama 15 ke 20 minit atau sehingga biskut masak.
  8. Bila biskut telah masak, keluarkan dulang dari oven dan biarkan biskut sejuk sebentar di atas dulang pembakar kerana biskut terlalu lembut bila panas.  Pindahkan biskut ke atas redai dan biarkan sejuk.
  9. Simpan biskut di dalam bekas kedap udara dan boleh jugak disimpan di dalam peti sejuk.

0 comments :

Post a Comment