Cheesy Chicken Pepperoni Bun (Eggless)

Saturday 31 August 2019

Cheesy Chicken Pepperoni Bun (Eggless)





Today is about sharing another delicious bun recipe, a product which I like to make when my baking mood is uplifted.
I think lately I love to work with dough, from making cookies to making buns and steamed buns.
My hubby is going to clear his annual leaves, so he'll be on three days leaves in the next day onwards.
That's why I'm busy preparing buns, desserts and dishes to be frozen and refrigerated, to ensure our food supplies is sufficient for our next three "lazy" days.
Usually, I seldom cook whenever my hubby is around.
He loves to bring me out for sight seeing, usually somewhere outskirts of the city to clear the "always chaotic, relentless" mind of mine.
So, cooking and even blogging activities will be freeze until he resume back to work.

Today I baked cheese chicken pepperoni bun for my hubby's breakfast and snack box.
Initially, I wanted to make a pepperoni pizza, since we've been craving to eat pizza for weeks.
I prefer to make my homemade pizza, so I can add a lot of chicken pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on top.
But I just remembered that I still have a stack of large-sized paper cups for buns, which we bought last time.
So, why not making something different by using those paper cups, right?

If you had stumbled upon my post on cheesy onion tuna bun before, this buns recipe is almost similar to that one.
The only differences are I used white whole wheat flour to substitute all purpose flour and I replaced butter with coconut oil.
This bun recipe is eggless, so it is suitable for those who are sensitive to egg.
I made my buns a little bit smaller, so as to fit the paper cup's size.
I added bread improver, to helps my buns raise better.

If you don't have paper cups, you can flatten the dough balls on a greased baking pan and garnish your buns with toppings.




CHEESY CHICKEN PEPPERONI BUN (EGGLESS)


Course : Breakfast, Snack
Yield : 12


Ingredients:

2 cups of bread flour
1 cup of white whole wheat flour
1/ 2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
1 teaspoon of bread improver - optional
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3/4 to 1 cup of warm milk


Toppings:

Chicken pepperoni
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Mix herbs
Pasta/ marinara sauce


Instructions:


 Prepare The Dough

Manually (by hand):

In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, bread improver and yeast.  Stir to combine.
Then, add in oil and warm milk and knead until it forms a smooth, elastic dough (which is about 10 to 15 minutes).
You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
Lightly oiled the dough surface and cover with a damp towel or cling wrap, let it rests for 40 to 50 minutes until it doubled in size.

Using Bread Maker:

Combine all the ingredients in a bread maker bowl and select the menu "Dough."
Wait until the machine finishes the kneading process.
Cover the bowl with a damp towel or cling wrap and let it sit until it doubled in size.


Making The Buns





After the dough has risen, punch in and knead until it returns to it's original size.
Divide it into 12 small balls and put into a paper cup each.
Cover the dough balls with a damp towel and let them rest for another 30 minutes.


Baking The Buns




Preheat oven to 200℃.
By using your finger tip, flatten the the dough balls and spread half tablespoon of pasta sauce.
Sprinkle with mix herbs and lay 4 to 5 pieces of chicken pepperoni.
Lastly, top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake the buns at the middle rack for 15 to 25 minutes.



Storing The Buns

Store the leftover in an air tight container and keep it refrigerated.
Do not keep the leftover bun at room temperature for more than one day, to prevent the filling from going stale.


Reheating The Refrigerated Buns

You can reheat your refrigerated bun straight away in oven or microwave.
Preheat oven at 160℃ and reheat your buns for 5 to 10 minutes, or until warm to touch.


Enjoy!



0 comments :

Post a Comment