Bread Machine Recipe: Easy Wholemeal Bread with Oat and Chia Seeds

Thursday 25 October 2018

Bread Machine Recipe: Easy Wholemeal Bread with Oat and Chia Seeds



I always love bread. Any kind of bread. So it does includes a range kind of breads like wholemeal, plain, chocolate raisin, zucchini, butterscotch, cheese and chicken ham bread roll and so on. (I won't have enough room to list all my favorite breads). Eheh..

Last time, when my brother ran a small bakery, while helping him doing the bun packaging, I secretly smuggled a few freshly baked buns inside my bag to bring them back. I just love the taste of then bun even without the filling. It was so tender, moist, fluffy and delicious that I hadn't think of buying my favorite bun outside again. That was the old story. Now, he had stopped running the bakery and shifts to other business. Since before this I haven't yet to learn making bread on my own, so, whenever I feel like eating my favorite breads and buns I have to buy them at the bakery shops.

One thing that I don't really like about bakery bread and bun is that their so light in texture, even the weight of the buns are lighter comparable with homemade buns and breads.  Instead of taste milky and being moist and fluffy as we expect them to be, the bakery breads and buns are mostly dry and tasteless.  That is the reason why the taste of bakery breads and buns are dependent on the filling and the toppings.

But...I don't prefer to always put a nice, expensive and luxurious fillings and toppings because all I need is the simplicity yet delicious, fluffy and rich in taste breads and buns. So, to get such a perfect breads and buns, I decided to make them myself.

I am so determine to make my own breads, so my hubby bought me a bread maker machine last year to encourage me in making our homemade bread.


Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite wholemeal bread recipe. I prefer to make wholemeal bread rather than white bread as wholemeal bread is richer in fiber and has practically lower glycemic index because it is consider as complex carbs. It is not only delicious but it makes you feel full longer as it takes more time to be digested.

I made this for our next day breakfast. The bread maker took almost 4 hours to complete the bread making process, so be sure to plan your time to prepare your homemade bread so that you can enjoy having your bread freshly baked from the bread maker. Yeay!

The best part of using this magic machine is that, you just put all the ingredients straight away into the bread maker and it will do everything for you, from the mixing, kneading and lastly baking. Sound easy, right? So, everybody can make their own bread.  No more buying the factory and bakery made one. Eheh..

You may find thousands of bread maker machine recipes online, even a small booklet of consists of the basic bread recipes is provided when you purchased the bread maker machine.  To be honest, I no longer have the book with me now as I misplaced it somewhere.  This recipe that I will share today is my favorite wholemeal bread recipe which has been adjusted according to my preference.  I added oat and chia seeds in my bread for additional nutrition.  I have to confess that I don't like to eat oat with milk alone.  So, the best way to force myself to eat oat is to add in my bread and muffin.

Basic Wholemeal Bread with Oat and Chia Seeds
(Make 1 pound bread)

The Ingredients:

1 cup of fresh/ evaporated milk
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoon of sugar / honey
1 cup of wholemeal flour
1 2/3 cup of high protein flour
3 teaspoons of instant dry yeast

Topping:

egg wash
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of rolled oat

Methods:

  1. Put all the ingredients into your bread maker machine following the orders as listed above.
  2. For my bread maker, I just program the machine for basic bread. Then press Start.
  3. Always check the dough consistency during the kneading process, and add water of flour little at a time, if necessary until the perfect dough is formed.
  4. You can start brushing the top surface of the bread with egg wash and sprinkle with chia seeds and rolled oat when the third rest is reached, that is the final dough rest before the baking process.
  5. When the bread is done, remove the bread pan from the machine. After 5 minutes, you can dislodge the bread from the pan by flipping the bread pan onto a wire rack or you can place your bread on the wire rack with the surface on top.
  6. Cut the bread using a bread knife when the bread is completely cool.  Store in an air tight plastic or container so that your bread is not expose to the air.



0 comments :

Post a Comment